The Commercial Banker position is focused on acquiring, growing, and retaining commercial banking clients through focused relationship planning. The role concentrates on C&I and CRE relationships. Key measurements of success are new loan and deposit production, fee income, overall relationship profitability, portfolio management and referrals to other lines of business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a strategic focus on commercial client activity through relational selling as a trusted advisor to assist the client in recognizing opportunities and risks while helping them accomplish their goals through their use of bank products and services.
- Establishes and negotiates the terms under which commercial credit will be extended including cost, risk, and profitability.
- Reviews and analyzes complex financial information to determine a borrower’s credit worthiness.
- Will present recommendations to credit risk by demonstrating a thorough understanding of credits presented.
- Responsible for the profitability of all commercial relationships within the portfolio.
- Responsible for ultimate portfolio management which may include borrowing base and/or construction draw processes, loan repayment activities, collection of past due accounts, and credit and collateral deficiencies.
- Adhere to loan policies and procedures with complete documented files to ensure satisfactory reviews from internal and external audits.
- Actively cross sell other bank products to include deposits products and treasury management services to build profitable client relationships.
- Be active in the community through membership in business organizations, community events and/or non-profit organizations where one can be in a position to advance the reputation and brand of the Bank.
- Ability to meet individual goals and contribute in a team-oriented environment to ensure departmental and Bank wide goals are met. Sets and achieves challenging goals without direct supervision and contributes to a positive team spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong accounting, finance, credit, and sales skills.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to clients and other employees in the organization.
Education / Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, related field, or relevant job experience preferred.
- Five years minimum experience as a Commercial Banker.
- Experience in the metro Atlanta market required for better understanding of the banking environment and potential customer base is preferred.
- Highly developed sales and credit skills.
About CoastalStates Bank
We’re Local. And Proud Of It.®
Our story began in 2004 when CSB opened its doors in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina as southern Beaufort County’s only locally-owned bank. Our founders saw an opportunity to serve the community through a relationship-based bank, staffed by friends and neighbors to serve friends and neighbors. Success soon followed, and we grew to four full-service branches and more than $400 million in assets.
Longstanding relationships and deep roots in the Lowcountry provided a strong foundation that enabled us to survive the Great Recession. Strengthened by a recapitalization in 2017, we are now poised to strengthen our current market position and expand our franchise to new markets throughout the Southeast. We believe that many communities throughout the Southeast need Local.
Local is more than geography. Local is community. Local is relationships.
Our bankers are Local. We have a proven track record of success and share a passion for serving our clients and communities. We offer a variety of financial resources to help our clients achieve their goals, including commercial, consumer, and mortgage
banking products and services.
We are excited about the next chapter in our story and we invite you to be part of it.
Welcome to CoastalStates Bank. Like you, we’re Local. And Proud Of It.
CoastalStates Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any other legally-protected factors.